Would you like to...
...work for Denmark's largest local and regional media group?
...develop from scratch a new sales support system?
…design solutions based on patterns and good architectural coding principles?
…be responsible as team lead for 4 developers?
If your answer is yes then we’re looking for you!
We are establishing a new team in Budapest, and we´re looking for an experienced tech-lead/senior developer to lead and form the team. You’ll be working closely together with our team in Denmark and besides the local team your closest partner will be the Product Owner in Denmark.
Our main goal is to develop internal sales support systems – in other words, make our sales processes smarter.
As the tech lead you have a big say in the processes around the team. We want you to be a tight group, which enjoys coming to work and having a good time with colleagues and the product you work on.
The tech lead is expected to work by the following principles:
- We create followship
- We always set the strongest team
- We measure what we want to change
- We recognize the best performances
- We cultivate talent
Your main interaction will be with your colleagues in Budapest. However, communication on technical issues with developers in Denmark will also be a part of your work and you should expect two trips to Odense, Denmark each year.
Who are we?
We are Jysk Fynske Medier, Denmark's second largest media group with a budgeted turnover of 270 million Euro and approx. 1700 employees. The group owns 4 local radio stations, publishes 15 daily newspapers and 64 weekly newspapers. The group has a wide range of digital media with more than 1.4 million weekly users of our digital platforms.
The IT & Development department
We currently have 6 development teams in the development department as well as a project department that work closely together. We meet across teams and discuss technical challenges and ideas. There is a high drive for learning and knowledge sharing - we make each other better!
Currently the department has 27 developers and 8 product owners.
About the team:
You will be the tech lead and manage a team of 2 Backend developers and 2 Frontend Developers. Together with the product owner in Denmark the team will have end-to-end responsibility of your deliveries. The team is expected to grow even further in the future.
Besides delivering new features to a number of new sales support systems, the team is responsible for maintaining previously developed products, which includes minor patches, bugs and tech debt.
- Development throughout the team's tech stack on our sales platforms
- Sparring and knowledge sharing with team and the product owner in Denmark
- Act as the team leader and Software Architect
- Write automated tests
Qualifications required to achieve success
- Motivated by designing the best solution before coding begins
- Scalable code is a core principle
- Knowledge of UML (Unified Modeling Language)
- Developing solutions with colleagues motivates you
- Human- and management skills – or interest in developing these skills!
- English written and spoken
Our Tech stack
- PHP 8.1
- The opportunity to develop from scratch a new sales support system
- To be part of the design and implementation decisions
- Being part of one of Denmark´s largest media groups
- Significant impact on architecture and design
- Modern offices at Corvin Towers in Budapest
Contact Tummas Kastalag on +45 3696 4818 from iHeadHunt, who is responsible for the role or apply immediately. No cover letter is needed only a CV.