Frontend Architect (React) at Nordic Insurance Software
Are you a tech-savvy frontend developer, who wants to take the lead as an architect in our complex frontend developed for the insurance industry? Does it sound appealing to work without legacy code, and you having a responsibility in taking the tough technical FE-decisions together with your colleagues? Would it be a great opportunity to work in a company with an international environment with desire to expand globally?
Nordic Insurance Software (NIS) is a market leading global provider of sales, claims and assistance software solutions for the field travel, health insurance industry as well as for the expatriates.
“Working within software development in NIS means to work as a team. The complexity of the system and the wide range of different clients, means we need to work together and share knowledge to achieve our common goals. Therefore, I feel that I am still growing both personally and professionally after more than 13 years in the company.”
Mathias Vestergaard, Senior Software Architect
You are going to refer to Head of Development Lars Rye Petersen
Our team and tech stack
As we are growing rapidly, we are looking for a new colleague to join our development team in Copenhagen and play a crucial role in taking our front-end development standards to the next level by focusing on creating a functional and attractive digital environment for NIS clients, ensuring a great user experience. In our team there are 2 frontend-developers, 14 backend/fullstack-developers and we are expanding continuously. We are around 45 employees in Denmark (5 different nationalities), 10 in Poland and 2 in Canada.
You will be part of a department of developers located in both Denmark and Poland and work closely together with other departments during the development process.
We use a wide range of technologies and languages like TypeScript, React and GraphQL in the frontend, and our backend is primarily based on .NET Core.
What we expect :
- You have an extensive experience in React using TypeScript and you can take up the role of being the “The go-to person”.
You probably have experience in several of these areas:
- Good understanding how the DOM and virtual DOM works.
- Understanding of HTTP and issues you can encounter around it (CORS, Caching...).
- Architecting a complex front-end application.
- Knowledge of devtools.
- Decomposing projects into smaller units that can be delivered iteratively.
- Whiteboarding problems with your peers.
You have a relevant IT education for Computer Science, Bachelor in Web development or similar with at least 3+ years of experience delivering complex frontend-solutions.
What we offer
- A challenging position as a lead for our Frontend.
- No legacy code.
- International working environment.
- Expanding our global operations into the Asia/Pacific region
- Our target markets are changing to a newly digital ecosystem, and as a result creating and developing new, innovative products and client solutions will be at the forefront of our corporate initiatives
- Possibility of 3 remote working days. (Tuesday & Friday at the office)
- Our office is centrally placed at Østerbro, with a great view of the Copenhagen rooftop skyline
Recruitment is handled by iHeadHunt and you can contact Marle on email@example.com or mobile: +358 50 336 1636 if you want to know more about the role. Applications and CV are continuously assessed, so please apply as soon as possible.