DevOps Engineer,Nordic Insurance Software
Do you want to utilise your strong DevOps knowledge together with Microsoft Azure skills to help to extend the businesses and operations? Would it be a great opportunity to work in a company with an international environment and a desire to expand globally?
Nordic Insurance Software is a market leading global provider of sales, claims and assistance software solutions for the travel, expatriate, and health insurance industry.
NIS has utilized Microsoft Azure since 2011 as our cloud computing platform of choice.
As pioneers in the insurance technology industry, we are among the first to migrate to the cloud and offer our services and have continued to evolve our offerings along Microsoft’s evolution of their Azure services, as well as looking into newer developments in the realm of Cloud provided services to extend our business and operation.
“Working for Nordic Insurance Software has been a fulfilling experience, not only because of the company's commitment to providing cutting-edge solutions, but also because of the supportive and collaborative work culture that empowers me to grow both professionally and personally.” Sebastian Grigoleit, DevOps Engineer.
In this position you will refer to Behroz Karimi, Head of IT.
Our team and its ambitions
NIS IT Department consists of 4 highly motivated and skilful individuals and team players. The team works closely with all other departments in NIS to deliver software and services both internally and externally and are looking for a motivated individual that is keen on learning and has the urge to support the growth of NIS to new hights.
You will contribute to the team with following tasks:
• Continuously improve our infrastructure and deployment processes using DevOps methodologies and CI/CD Pipelines, particularly via GitHub Actions.
• Participate in implementing and maintaining Agile methodologies to ensure continuous delivery and improvement.
• Assist in automating end-to-end tests, regression tests, and integration tests.
• Manage and monitor infrastructure and app performance using App Insights, Azure Monitor and similar tools.
• Implement DevSecOps best practices, including identifying and addressing security vulnerabilities and risks.
• Monitor and maintain database and application health, performance, and security.
• Mentor other team members in DevOps best practices.
What we expect
You have 3+ years of experience in DevOps Engineering or a related field, a strong experience in Microsoft Azure and its services & big interest in relational databases.
It would be a big plus if you had experience with similar journeys in another company. It is important that you have a pragmatic approach to the area.
You probably have good experience in several of following areas:
• Scripting languages such as PowerShell or Python and TSQL.
• Git, GitHub, and GitHub Actions or similar pipeline tools
• Microsoft SQL, Azure SQL, and SQL Managed Instance.
• Jira and SAFE.
• Package and Artifact Management tools.
• Web hosting,
• Serverless technologies like Azure PaaS roles or container orchestrator tools.
• RESTful APIs
Proficient in written and spoken English.
What we offer
We are expanding our global operations into the Asia/Pacific region, which with our Toronto, London, Wroclaw and Copenhagen offices will provide a 24/7 support structure for our customers. Our target markets are rapidly changing to adapt to a new digital ecosystem and innovative products and customer solutions will be at the forefront of our corporate initiatives going forward.
You can look forward to a constantly evolving development roadmap and ambitious product development goals over the years to come.
So, in short:
• A challenging position where you can have a great impact on our future use of DevOps, database, and processes.
• International working environment.
• Being part of the global operation expansion into the Asia/Pacific region.
• We create personal and professional growth through training, education, 360-degree reviews and social events.
• Our office is centrally placed at Østerbro, with a great view of the Copenhagen rooftop skyline.
Recruitment is handled by iHeadHunt and you can contact Marle on email@example.com or mobile: +358 50 336 1636 if you want to know more about the role. CV are continuously assessed, so please apply as soon as possible.
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
DevOps Engineer,Nordic Insurance Software
Loading application form